11.18.2012

Just Checking In Here

So, it's been too long since I posted, obviously. In my defense, I have been a busy woman what with moving (mostly on my own and with a toddler in tow) and cooking and cleaning and such. Things are slowing down now and I'm hoping to be much more present here with pictures of the new place (most likely in disarray), recipes, and maybe (no promises) some little projects I want to do with decor for our new apartment and the holidays. It already feels a lot more like home here than our last apartment ever did. We're very excited about our first solo and also first vegan Thanksgiving. Lorelei is adjusting very well, which is no surprise. She's a very adaptable little thing (like daddy). Right now I'm supposed to be cleaning the kitchen which always seems to be a mess, and also cleaning out some old 5 gallon paint buckets that we're turning into planters for our courtyard garden this spring. Since that doesn't leave me time to upload and edit pictures (most of which are on my Instagram feed @maelivefree anyways) I'm going to leave you with this sweet video that the Clarkcakes are really digging right now. :) Happy Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Are you guys new vegans? Or just first solo Thanksgiving where you can have a fully vegan meal? Would love to hear what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, this will be our first Thanksgiving away from family in Idaho and our first as vegans. We switched from vegetarian to vegan about 2 months ago so it's still pretty new. We're really loving it. We get a lot of questions about feeling deprived and what we're "allowed" to eat as if it's something we're forcing on ourselves rather than just a personal choice. I plan on posting the recipes for the things I'm making as long as they turn out. As the main dish we splurged and picked up a stuffed Field Roast Celebration grain loaf (it's from a local Seattle company). I'll be making a pumpkin pie, wine glazed brussel sprouts, a a savory sweet potato dish with black olives and thyme. Possibly one other dish as well, and then some sort of bread. I'm very excited for the opportunity to try new things and to share here. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...