1.23.2013

Midweek Music P.13: Sucre "Place to Be"

At some random point I stopped posting music every week, because well, I just wasn't feeling it. But now I'm missing it! I like sharing, and music is one of my very favorite things. It has become a new experience for me again since we got a record player. Listening to an album I'd heard at least 30 times digitally, on vinyl the first time was, don't cringe: an eargasmic. Newer readers, or non-family readers might not be up to speed on how much I love music. It's a lot. I grew up with a musician dad, musician uncles, exposed to a wide variety of tunes, and I can honestly say, I would not be the person I am now if not for the music in my life.

Our vinyl collection is barely existant at the moment, but we have a long list of hopefuls to add as we can afford. My next pick is The Cure's Disintegration, for sure, but Sucre's first Album is high on my list as well. In fact, I need to get it before they put out another. I know that Stacy, Darren, and Jeremy have been recording, and today I found this gem! I'm in love. Stacy has always been an incredible lyricist, something I don't credit a lot of female artists with, and after having a baby she's finding more depths. I just love it, and I hope you do to. A plus, the videos they do are always dreamy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...