3.28.2013

Things on a Thursday

Photo from my family's visit in March. 4 generations of women.

Thing #1- I'm really, beyond excited to go to this PNW blogger meetup at the end of April. It's doing a little to inspire me to write more posts and network better/more.

Thing #2- Did you hear about the president signing an act protecting Monsanto? If you don't know about Monsanto and the fight against GMO's in our food I cannot recommend more highly that you educate/arm yourself against the ugliness being induced upon us. I don't know about you, but I don't want a company who deals in chemicals having their foot on every farm growing the food that I eat and feed my child.

Thing #3- I haven't mentioned lately that I am STILL no 'pooing and I'm still really loving it. After 3 months my ends and scalp are a bit drier than I care for, but I think with all the rain and weather warming up that should get better. I'm currently looking for natural/homemade hair masks that won't mess with my progress on naturally regulating my oil production. I'm looking into getting some oils and such from Mountain Rose Herbs to try my hand at more homemade beauty solutions.

Thing #4- This is a little superficial and materialistc, but it's a big deal! I found a perfect bathing suit...and I haven't been keen on wearing one since Lorelei was born. This one can be custom made to your measurements which is great because not very many women have a waist that is exactly 10 inches smaller than their hips. Also, the high rise bottom will hide the stretch marks I like to keep under wraps and there's no risk of a visible c-section scar...Woot!

Thing #5- I really missed blogging the past few weeks...

What are some things you're up to/thinking about/wanting/loving?

12 comments:

  1. Cute swim suit!

    Hope you have fun at your blogger meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that suit! I am headed to florida in April so I was excited to check out your choice - however I am not a 2-piece brave yet but I do REALLY love the look of it. Maybe someday I will be brave enough!

    I am excited about the Blogger meet up - it will be my first and I look forward to meeting some new friends! (It is also motivating me to really step it up and do some things to my blog that I have been slacking on doing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited and nervous. I'm kind of awkward/shy in person, so I'm trying to find out who is going and read up on their blogs so that maybe I feel less like they are strangers. Ha. It should be fun though!

      Delete
  3. I think the gals that put on this meetup do a few of them a year (in Portland and Seattle), so there should be plenty chances to make it to one. Are you moving to Seattle for work or just a change of scenery? It's such a cool place. :) As for the no 'pooing, my hair seems a lot healthier after cutting out the harsh chemicals and it's much cheaper so I'm happy about it. You can read about it here: http://maelivefree.blogspot.com/2013/01/no-poo-for-this-do.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute swimsuit Molly. Hope you don't kind me stalking your blog ;) I enjoy your posts a lot. You're such a great mother and Lorelei is soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad to have you stalking my blog. Haha.

      Delete
  5. The blogger meet-up seems so cool!

    Welcome back - I'm catching up on my blogroll myself after days unplugged. :)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets overwhelming to try and catch up after a break. Sometimes if it's been a few days since I've checked my blog feed and there are more than 30 unread posts I'll just mark them as read and hit up my favorites later to see if I missed anything good. :)

      Delete
  6. I love vintage-style bathing suits! Finding one that works for you isn't superficial AT ALL. :) I'm glad no shampooing is going well for you . . . I really want to try that someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I am impressed by this four generations picture. Your grandma is so young! What a blessing to have her around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Did I tell you that I buy all of my herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs? I think I did? In any event, it's all a perfect coincidence! (Though I do not believe in coincidences, only synchronicities)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you did mention it, but I meant to ask! That's awesome, I really love their selection. I'm more fond of thinking of coincidences as synchronicities as well. So, that's another one. Haha. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...