3.27.2013

Now We Hurry On

Hello friends! It has been a while. Things got busy in our parts for a while. Back on the 8th my mom, dad, and baby sister (I say baby and she's 17) came over from Idaho for a visit and to go to my cousin's wedding. They were here for two and a half days and 3 nights that were packed full of catching up, shopping, and trying to decide what to do in Seattle, just like every short visit they pay us.

The week following their departure I tried my hand at caring for miss Lorelei along with someone else's five month old boy. It was a good learning experience that played a vital part in this new growing and changing season I'm going through at the moment (this will have to span it's entirely own post). You see, I had a bad case of baby fever from the time Lorelei was about 3 months old until, well, when I had two youngins in my care. I want to be completely honest and say that I was 110% overwhelmed with the situation. Trying to get started on potty training and weaning, and managing to get anything done (including blog) was nigh impossible! The lesson I learned is that I am 110% happy with my one, darling little girl. I also learned something about her (I already had thought so, but it was confirmed) and that is that she is very nurturing, loving, and not at all an introvert like me. So since we don't plan on giving her a sibling, we're really looking into getting her into the right pre-school and out of home activities. I was waiting on the activities (like BALLET!!!) until she was potty trained, and we tackled that this past week. Last Monday she decided she wanted to wear big girl panties, so I jumped on board and we tried it. She missed and piddled herself 9 times that first day, but since then has had dry diapers every night and only 3 accidents total! In 9 days... She's totally a big girl now, excuse me as I go bawl my eyes out...

I just LOVE seeing the little lady she is becoming.












2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Way to go! I have an idea in my mind that potty-training will be this incredibly difficult, long, stressful thing. It's probably not nearly as bad as I think it will be. And oh my, that's a tough decison, I'm sure . . . baby fever is CRAZY after you have one of your own. :) Lorelei will be the cutest ballerina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that about potty training too, and she really threw me for a loop! They let you know when they're ready though, with everything. Big kid beds, potty training, weaning, walking, crawling...When they know you know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...