12.03.2012

Just Another Manic Monday!

Among the posts I have building up to edit for, draft, and publish, this is the only one I have the stamina for today. For some reason last night Lorelei decided she didn't want to sleep. In fact, she was up for 13.5 hours straight, into the wee hours of the morning. When I finally got her into her crib at 2:30, our new cat decided that it was time to come out of the "shell" he's been in since we brought him home. He ran around the apartment yodeling at the top of his lungs like a female cat in heat (if you don't know what that is like you are lucky, and I would never wish it on anyone!). He knocked my dishsoap and countertop spray into the sink, toppled a box off of the bar, and tried to climb into the Christmas tree. I hate to say it, but he's a pest... I finally brought him into submission with catnip and put him in the closet (with the doors open y'all, I'm not completely evil) and he stayed quietly until Lorelei woke up again sometime between 5 and 6. 

I don't know if I've said it here, but my child isn't a good sleeper. She's the opposite of that. We've struggled with her sleeping habits since we moved her out of full time co-sleeping when she was 6 months old. Today she is 22 months old, and no closer to sleeping more than a 5 hour stretch at a time or having regular naps or bedtimes. It's mostly my fault, I'm terrible with routine and structure and I'll be the first to admit it. Right now she's sitting on my lap as I try to get this posted. It's been a long, and exhausting almost 2 years, but gosh do I love her! 

1. Refuses to eat a whole meal in the highchair. 2. Baked potato with chopped Field Roast, sautéed spinach, and red wine shoyu redux. 3. Doin man things. 4. Homemade crust and marinara, Daiya mozzarella shreds, Tofurky pepperoni, unstuffed green olives, and sautéed portobello. 5. Sriracha Thyme pasta with spinach. 6. Ginger wheat shortbread cookie with matcha ginger glaze. 7. Driving us bonkers. 8. Mac Daddy 9. Everyday  

1. Earl Grey, out of hiding. 2. Head start on our container garden. 3. Breakfast. 4. Klimt, Sea Serpent finally hung. 5. IS II. 6. Free garbage shelves. 7. Matcha almond milk latte. 8. My favorite monkey, giving me ovarian twitches. 9. Shy boy. 

2 comments:

  1. Discovered your blog via The Awesome Blog Hop - cannot wait to try your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep training is rough. It's been getting better but my poor girl has been non stop teething since 3 months. She is only 10 months and has 6 teeth, currently working on 7-8. My wishful thinking is that it's a huge pain in the butt now but when it's over it will be completely over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...